Welcome to Travel Answers, powered by Travellr. www.travellr.com (“Website”) and associated domains (including answers.worldnomads.com, places.travelinsurancedirect.com.au, local.globalgossip.com), widgets or applications making up “the Service” are provided by Travellr Pty Ltd (“Us” / “We”), giving you (“User” / “You”) fast, easy access to qualified local knowledge that’s relevant to you.
Travellr’s privacy ethos
The following general principles outline our approach to protecting your privacy rights:
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
It is possible to visit Travellr and use a subset of site functionality without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. We only collect your personally identifiable information if you voluntarily provide it to us.
If you chose to register with Travellr, at a minimum, we require some key information to provide a basic level of service: your name, email address and the state / city you live in.
Once a member, you have the option of providing additional information, to enhance the quality of this Service for both you and the larger Travellr community. Such items include your date of birth, a short bio, your personal website, your profile picture and places you have previously visited and lived in.
Certain information is also collected dynamically as you use the Service. We log all content generated by you on Travellr, as well as information you provide when contacting us. Our servers also record your Log Data (i.e. IP address, browser type, web pages visited, search terms used).
Information use and disclosure
We reserve the right to share your personally identifiable information in the following cases:
- Where You have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it is submitted
- In special cases where We have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, hurting or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities
- Where We believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure
Please note that You are solely responsible for any non-personally identifying information / content that You post on the Website or submit by using our Service. By submitting your non-personally identifying content to us, You grant to Us and our associates an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, distribute, reproduce, store, archive, publicly perform and display Your non-personally identifying information / content in any media whatsoever and to use this for any purposes including but not limited to commercial, advertising and promotional purposes.
Aside from the cases outlined above, You will be notified when Your personal information might be shared with third parties, and you will be given an opportunity to prevent Us from doing so.
Communication you receive from us
By default, we send emails to You in the following instances:
- To confirm your site registration
- To confirm your question has been answered
- To alert that a private message has been sent to you
- To confirm a change of your password
- Other communications set from your site settings
You may also opt-in to receive communication from Us which we believe will be of interest and use to you.
We may periodically offer You an opportunity to participate in promotions (i.e. surveys, contests, sweepstakes). Information collected for this purpose will be subject to the same conditions applied in other areas of the Service.
Links to other sites
We provide links to other websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website.
You must be at least 16 years of age to use the Service. If We become aware that someone failing this requirement has provided us with personally identifying information, we will delete it immediately. Concerned guardians can contact Us at [email protected]
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our Service, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.