- Visit the fantastic Fraser Island (2-3 days)
- Relax on the beach in Noosa
- Eat & drink in Fortitude Valley
- Theme parks on the Gold Coast
- Enjoy a white wine in the Gold Coast hinterland
- See Brisbane from the City Cat
- Get drunk at the Down Under Bar (yeah, you know where you are...) about 8 years ago
The river cat is a must, very cheap all day ticket just a few dollars and you can jump on and off. Have lunch at Regatta Point Boat House restaurant, next to the historic pub - great steaks.
You are from Noosa Heads though so should know better than us! about 8 years ago
The new Art Gallery at Southbank is amazing and well worth a visit. It hosts major exhibitions from all around the world. There is one coming up of American impressionists from the Metroplitan in New York. Stuff like this doesn't come to anywhere else in Australia - well, not very often! about 8 years ago
None of these are necessarily "must dos", just ideas...
- Eat fried durian at Spring Hill (better for oriental food than Chinatown and the like).
- Laze around on the "beach" at South Bank
- Visit Australia Zoo and while you're at it travel another 30mins to Caloundra and see the Sunshine Coast.
- Wander around Roma St Parklands
- Have a look-see at St Johns cathedral, the last gothic-style cathedral in the world to be built. about 8 years ago
- Find a couple of beaches anywhere from the Gold Coast to Noose
- Visit the excellent Australia Zoo on the way to the Sunshine Coast
- Fraser Island is stunningly beautiful
- Wander Southbank including a couple of museums, a beach in the middle of the city and some OK eateries along the river
- Drive and walk around the beautiful Mt Tambourine area (head towards the Gold Coast)
- See one of the Gold Coast Theme Parks such as SeaWorld about 8 years ago
Go to Straddie, climb the bridge, south bank, city cat, CBD, don't go to fortitude valley on a fri or sat night unless you want to be mugged, beaten up or be part of a gang. over 5 years agoAnswered by k-dawg bring' in da monaaay via Travellr.com
Yes! Visit Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary... it's such a unique place! And the City Cat, GoMA at Southbank and shop on Latrobe Terrace in Paddington! about 5 years agoAnswered by Jane via Travellr.com
Explore Moreton bay there are ferry tickets that you can see a number of islands in a day.
Or I love the "wrecks" 1 hr from the head of the Brisbane river. A group of fishing boats were scuttled to form a natural reef 200 meters off Moreton island near Tangalooma great for snorkeling sunbathing and camping if you want. over 4 years ago