Here is some info for kayaking both in and just outside of Sydney:
Enjoy :) almost 9 years ago
Kangaroo Valley is beautiful for kayaking. It's great for an overnight kayak and camping experience but you can also do day trips. The scenery is stunning and there are plenty of wombats and other wildlife around.
http://www.kangaroovalleycanoes.com.au/ almost 9 years ago
Totally agree re: Kangaroo Valley. We go every year! Check out http://www.kangaroovalleycanoes.com.au/services/sgt.html for canoe hire (waterproof barrels included).
A few quick tips:
- Start out early so you can paddle to the 'end point' of Tallawa Dam (it's much prettier!).
- The camp sites are a bit small, so stick to 2-3 man tents (you can usually fit about 8-10 people in the larger spots.
- It's good to take 1-2 single canoes for scouting around (they're a lot faster!).
- There's no tide (it's a Dam!), but if it's been raining and the water levels are high, it's harder to find decent camping ground.
- Watch out for the goats and goannas (both of which will steal your food!).
Enjoy!! almost 9 years ago