Kochin is very nice. Its a great place to shop, relax and watch the world go by from one of the many nice restaurants. I liked the old Jewish town.
You have to do a houseboat on the backwaters. Simply stunning. Many places offer them. We arranged ours via our hotel and it was amazing. about 7 years ago
Cochin is one of the most important cities of southern Indian state of Kerala. It is also popularly described as the Queen of Arabian Sea. It has one of the finest harbors on the Arabian Sea which make it a perfect Port City. A large number of tourists from all over the world come to visit and explore its several Cochin tour attractions. No once think about complete travel and tours of Kerala India without visiting Cochin or Kochi. Backwaters, Marine Drive, Hill Palace, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Jewish Synagogue, Bolgatty Palace, are also worth visiting attractions of Cochin tour Attractions in Kerala. over 3 years ago
Kerala is a region in India that is rich with attractions and beautiful scenery. There is no shortage of incredible places to visit. Here are the Kerala India Travel recommendations for the top 10 places to visit in Kerala.
1) The Backwaters – Wherever and however you choose to explore the backwaters, this emerald watery paradise is a definite highlight of Kerala. Find out more with our introduction to the backwaters and best ways to experience the backwaters guides.
2) Fort Cochin – The oldest part of this seaside city is more laid-back than other Indian cities and features Portuguese and Dutch colonial architecture, art galleries, churches, spice markets and the famous Chinese Fishing Nets.
3) Munnar – A beautiful, tranquil hill station with a cool climate, plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities and visits to tea plantations. Read our Guide to Munnar, Kerala and Quiet Alternatives to Munnar, Kerala.
4) Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary – A fantastic place to take boat, jeep or hiking trips to spot elephants, monkeys and even the elusive tiger.
5) Kollam – This small market town isn’t an obvious attraction, but it’s the southern gateway to the backwaters, and a quieter alternative to Alleppey for organising houseboat and canoe trips. We also enjoyed the untouristy and authentically Indian feel of the town.
6) Varkala – A gorgeous beach below rocky cliffs lined with chilled out cafes- the perfect place to watch the spectacular sunsets.
7) Kumarakom - At this bird sanctauary near Kottayam you can walk or take a boat ride to spot comorants, herons, egrets and storks.
8) Thrissur – A religious and cultural centre featuring one of the largest temples in Kerala.
9) Kozhikode – This historic town is the gateway to the quieter beaches and backwaters of Northern Kerala, with temples and museums to visit too.
10) Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary – A quieter alternative to Periyar as a great place to spot elephants in the wild. We also featured it as a Quiet Alternative to Munnar, Kerala as a more peaceful hill station retreat.
http://focuztours.com/destinations over 3 years ago
This national park has the kind of serenity that tourists would find very relaxing. This area is situated in central part of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve and is an ecological paradise which preserves its tropical rainforests.
This exotic village near the banks of Vembanad Lake consists of many small islands. Tourists can have a great tour of this beautiful lake on houseboats that are provided by private establishments.
Well-known among tourists for its beach areas, visitors to this region can also find many Ayurvedic salons and recuperation resorts. These Ayurvedic centers provide different kinds of treatments aimed at promoting overall health in an individual. over 3 years ago