Bandung or Surabaya??? Coming from Sumatra for a lil extra on my adventure. what's there to do in and near each city? Bandung?? Surabaya??
Just been hopping all over Sumatra and having a ball! Latest figures show I have a few extra days and cash!!!! want to head to Java but not sure which place will offer me the most Bandung or Surabaya ?? Im looking for culture and scenery.......any suggestions? City with the most votes is where I'm heading !
Geografically, Bandung is the nearest city from Sumatra & Jakarta. Surabaya is the farthest and Jogja is in between. Bandung is surrounded by mountain, so it's colder than Jogja or Surabaya. My suggestions for itineraries in those cities are :
- Angklung Mang Udjo, West Java traditional music
- Tangkuban Perahu, located near Lembang area - north Bandung, famous for its crater
- Kawah Putih (White Crater), found by Y Franz W Junghuhn, south Bandung
- Bromo mountain area, where Tengger tribe live. The location is near Malang city, outside Surabaya. Beuatiful for its sunset.
- Kawah Ijen ( Ijen crater)
- Culture attraction : Reog Ponorogo
- Borobudur and Prambanan temple
- Losari plantation
- Jogja King will marry his daugther on 16-18 Oct, there will be many cultural attraction, but the city will also very crowded
- Wayang museum
If i may suggest, looks like Bandung is more suitable if you only have few days left. Places mentioned above for Surabaya is quite scaterred and far from each other, but it's worth it if you get plenty times. Jogja will be very crowded because of the royal wedding.
And you should try the culinary experience in whatever city that you go. over 8 years ago