The obvious ones like the empire state, statue of liberty which if you aren't planning on going to the island just a good view the staton island ferry is Free, 5th avenue & apple store cube which sometime has free concerts, belvedere castle in central park has a gorgeous view, and of course the Brooklyn bridge in my mind is a cannot miss. about 8 years ago
I just wrote a blog about my numerous day trips to NY ;) and one of my favourite ways to explore the place was just to wander aimlessly through the city without any plans at all.
Its such a great city where you can just stumble on something fun.
BUT if you;re not inclined to do that and want to have a bit of a plan, here are my pics:
- A Broadway show
- A day in Central Park (join spanish dance lessons on Sunday)
- ALL of the museums
- ALL of the art galleries (impossible)
- A jazz night at Blue Note
- A cocktail at the Standard (and dinner if your budget allows)
- sit in a cafe and people watch
- Vintage clothe shopping in Soho
- Get lost in the subway.
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Shopping on Fifth Ave
- a ferry ride to Staten Island
- Wave at the grand lady (Statue of Liberty) about 8 years ago