2 answers

Do I need a special Adaptor plug to use my electrical equipment in the USA

2 Answers

  • +1

    Hi Lynda - they are different plugs and voltage.

    USA is 110V and Australia is 230V. The wall sockets are different, so you'll need an adapter, and be sure that any device you plug in is rated for 110V. For example, Apple laptop adapters work for both 110V and 230V - it should say the ratings on any device you use. about 10 years ago

    Answered by Ian C via Site_iconTravellr.com
  • 0

    Good Question, Lynda. No. it is not the same. Australia is much more powerful than the US :~)
    You will need an adapter such as an Automatic Voltage Regulator. about 10 years ago

    Answered by meg colombo via Site_iconTravellr.com

Answer this question

Map of United States